Monday, June 24, 2013

Listening to YES 933 after listening to Kiss 92 and Hot FM for these weeks. Feels good to hear some songs that used to accompany me through the bad times.

It's amazing how music helps us isn't it? Our feelings are sung with words which in turn allows us to realise how we really feel with the emotions being described... It's the same as someone sympathizing and understanding how we feel. Sometimes we don't need advices at all, maybe just something that will make us feel better? Like there is something 'there' for us. I believe that for every period of sadness, the main reason we can get over it and become a better person is through individual healing, and sometimes with aid of external factors, like music or just the presence of someone close...

Just some thoughts while listening to music and forgetting about my IT stuffs.
I've been feeling good about myself for quite long now, no worries, as for those who knew me know that I get upset really easily and my self-esteem used to be really low, and can still be low sometimes. And that I used to cry a lot lol?

I know that nothing I've in the past can compare to what I have now, except for my family whom I treasure more than anything else in the world since forever, and also G and X who has walked with me till this day. I am really fortunate, because currently I have all of them, together with Liang YY.
He might not be the most romantic person ever, but the things that he taught me, the feelings that he made me me feel, the very small things he says and does and the laughter and tears that was present since I knew him -- they are priceless.

He is not romantic, but he buys me things he thinks that I like, brings me to places that I love and tries to do things for me despite being sleepy and despite it being totally not necessary nor compulsory. I have mood swings and attitudes that are not at all desirable and even I, myself wouldn't be able to tolerate, but he'll find ways to cheer me up or just tolerate it, even though he shout at me at times because I am really being unreasonable.
His general knowledge is very wide -- unless I ask things like girls fashion, new kpop songs etc., most probably he will be able to answer any question I throw to him, being the inquisitive me. I've improved myself in the way I behave in public. In the past, there's this standard line, "I am me thus I can behave anyway I want, no one can stop me." that always come out of the mouth, and it's gone, because in the real world, you can't do or say anything you want if you want to get along with everybody else. I tend to understand and learn the ways to bring myself across in a more 'grown-up' way, improving my daily life's etiquette etc.
Whenever I complain stuffs at work, among cliques or family conflicts to him, he'll listen to me and ask me not to care and make me feel better by doing funny things and making me laugh (though at times he'll just turn a deaf ear because I always complain about lil stuffs).
He is not the hot and cold kind. Although the honeymoon period is wayyy over, he still treats me well, and dotes on me with small gestures like a peck on the cheek when I fell asleep before him every night, pats on my head randomly, and sometimes he'll play around and tease me like we're still 15 y/o or something. He packs supper for me some of the nights after his work, and even prepares fruits for me for my next day's lunch. Things like that are what I enjoy and appreciate the most when I am together with him...

I always tell him that it's not what he buys me and where he brings me that make me the happiest -- it's the fact that he's the one buying the things for me and that I went to those places and countries with him.

We might not be the happiest couple on the earth, we quarrel every so often but never do we carry the quarrels with us through or over the night. We have our fair part of happiness, simple happiness.  We have this bond between us, both understanding the importance of ourselves in each other's lifes -- I think that's enough for me. I'm prepared to walk on the rest of my life with this guy.

Back to work, toodoooos.

No comments: